Saturday, November 19, 2016

Friday Night Sew In - I Love My Cat Quilt

I have been working on this one for a while. Since I was sorting all my scraps for the Splendid Sampler I decided to do a bit of this quilt as I went. (Just before posting I checked the post I did of the first of the cat blocks. I can't believe it was this time last year that I started this!)



I don't know what I was thinking when I put that dark blue check as part of a back ground block but it will end up blending in I think.



I carefully worked out where the dark, medium and light fabrics were placed and tried to stick to that layout even though my colours are completely different to the photo I am working from. I am sticking to red, green and brown.




I have matched the strengths of the fabrics to the design in the instructions. Where there is dark blue I have put a strong red. Then there are some light greens in mine and some medium red, green and brown.



Adding some applique hearts

I have done the top and bottom and a few of the in between bits.



I have just laid out the sides. I shuffled things around a bit until the patterns fit together OK. I tried to stick to the order of dark and medium and light as best I could from the photo. The dark strips are reds only with the light and medium being greens and browns.
I wasn't perfectly happy with this layout. I thought it looked a bit dark. I found some lighter left overs from the top and bottom that I have since substituted in. It made a big difference just putting in a few lighter strips.



I didn't do all this on Friday night. Luckily I don't have to juggle much with my sewing so this is how
far I have gotten over 4 days.

I hope everyone had a successful night. A big thank you to Wendy for hosting Friday Night Sew-In.

Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
Stumpy gets very tired watching me work.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...